A little bit about your Board
….and how to reach us!
Scroll down to view our volunteer responsibilities to know who to contact for your request.
For any general questions, please contact the board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any treasurer related questions, please contact us at prrooseveltptotreasurer@gmail.
Co – President – Melissa Kalinowski
I’m a full-time work from home mom constantly finding the balance between family, work and life. Lauren is in 3rd, Mia in 5th and Caden just went to Lincoln as a 6th grader. When I find time, I’m always up for catching up with friends, being at my second home – CrossFit, think about running more, and am always ready to plan our family’s next trip. I’m excited for our PTO executive board to serve as the school’s voice and make positive impacts to our school and community.
Co – President – Deannine Weber Ronan
Our family has lived in Park Ridge for many years. I have four step-sons that have graduated from Roosevelt previously and my son, Quinn, graduated Roosevelt last year and will be in sixth grade at Lincoln this year. My youngest son, Harrison, will be in third grade this year. I am a Physical Therapist and Account Manager for ATI and I was PTO Co-Vice President last year. I am looking forward to continuing to contribute to Roosevelt’s long standing history of providing a fun and challenging environment for children to learn and grow. In my free time I love to sail, travel and spend time with my family.
Co – Vice President Becky Whamond
I’m a full-time working Mom for a healthcare recruitment and staffing agency. My husband and I grew up in Park Ridge and moved back in 2012 to also raise our children here! We have two children with one currently at Roosevelt in first grade (Elle) and my youngest in pre-k (Hunter) who is excited to start Kindergarten at Roosevelt in 2020. I’m excited for my first year on the board! In my free time, I love going to Orange Theory, reading, binge watching TV series’, traveling, house hunting for fun, and spending time with my family.
Co – Vice President Meghan Polaniecki
This is my 6th year as a Roosevelt mom and I’m proud to be in this community of families. I have a fifth grader, two 3rd graders and a preschooler. I am at home full time and while I do maintain a small business, my passions are for volunteering, working out, and whatever creative activity I have going on! I am excited for what the 2019-20 year will bring!
Co – Treasurer – Beth Purtell
This is my second year on the PTO board serving as treasurer. I have three children all attending Roosevelt this year. My oldest son (Will) is in fourth grade, my daughter (Erin) is in second and my youngest (Jake) is in kindergarten. I’m currently a stay at home mom, but was previously in sales at Advocate Healthcare. When not attending my kid’s activities or at the school, I like to spend my time traveling, working out, watching movies and trying new restaurants. I’m looking forward to a great year ahead thanks to all of the community’s continued support!
Co -Treasurer Kiki Calumet
I work full time for A and N Mortgage Services as a loan originator. I have a son (Matthew) in 3rd grade, a daughter (Austyn) in 2nd grade, and a son (Braden) who will be in Kindergarten. I look forward to my first year on the board.
Recording Officer – Sarah Surisook
I have two children 6 and 8 that attend Roosevelt. My hobbies are mowing the lawn, making uneaten lunches for my children and taking pictures of our pets Dolly and Margie and posting them on Instagram. My favorite places in Park Ridge are the library and Dairy Queen.
Corresponding Officer – Kate Hannigan
Our family moved to Park Ridge in 2013. Both of my children will attend Roosevelt this year. My daughter (Rosie) is in third grade and my son (Sam) is excited to be starting kindergarten. I’m currently a stay at home mom, but spent the last 15 years working as a consultant for institutional investment firms. I volunteer locally, helping resettled refugees in the Chicago area. I enjoy exploring and travel, from cross country road trips to weekend getaways.
- Works with Roosevelt Principals, District 64, the PTO Executive Board and outside organizations to provide meaningful events and resources for Roosevelt students and faculty through the PTO
- Serves as liaison to all PTO committees & fills vacancies on committees
- Works with Treasurer to create and manage the PTO budget
- Manages the PTO web site, Facebook page and all PTO sponsored orders
- Presides at general meetings with guest speakers every other month open to the public
- Creates and distributes agendas for all meetings
- Produces the My School Anywhere online and printed directories
- Manages Teacher gifts and grants
- Manages PTO scholarship fund
- Manages memorial aquarium in Roosevelt’s LRC
- Creates and manages PTO budget
- Presents a financial statement and keeps financial records
- Pays invoices and reimburses committees for expenses
- Keeps and shares all meeting minutes
- Creates and delivers all PTO e-mail blasts
- Oversees and manages Room Parent sign up and communication
- Provides Thank you notes and gifts to PTO volunteers, gifts for faculty such as on Secretary’s Day and memorials