Below is a quick review of the PTO financial procedures. Some of these procedures are new. Please read the information below and let me know if you have any questions! These financial procedures should be communicated with all members of the committee, so please share this info with your team.
- Please confirm your budget with the PTO Co-Presidents before you begin to spend money on your event.
- All expenses over $250 need to be approved by the PTO Board Co-Presidents before the money is spent. Please email either or both of the PTO Co-Presidents in order to obtain approval before incurring the expense.
- We have a new Expense Reimbursement Request Form that can be found here Roos PTO-Expense Reimbursement Request 2017-2018. Receipts are required for reimbursement. Instructions are included with the form.
- The PTO will not reimburse for meals/snacks for committee meetings or planning sessions.
- The PTO will not reimburse for sales tax. The Roosevelt PTO Sales Tax Exemption Form is Roos PTO Tax Exempt Letter. Please use this form when shopping or ordering items from a vendor.
- All expenses for an event should be submitted for reimbursement or payment within thirty days following the completion of the event. You may submit expenses for reimbursement as they are incurred or when the event is completed.
- We are asking all committees to complete a Committee Budget Report Roosevelt PTO Committee Budget Report 2017-2018 at the end of their event. These reports will be archived so that we can refer back to them in future years. They will also help the PTO board with budgeting. Instructions are included with the form.
- If your event requires a cash box, please make sure to contact the Treasurer (me!) as early as possible to discuss the amount of cash needed, delivery of the cash box and return of the cash box. A simple Cash Reconciliation Form Roosevelt PTO Cash Box Reconciliation 2017-2018 will need to be completed at the conclusion of the event.
- If your event requires sales, we have been asked by our accountant to provide better financial documentation regarding sales. Please contact the Treasurer (me, again!) to discuss the sales process and reporting. Click here for the Sale Reconciliation Form Roosevelt PTO Sales Reconciliation 2017-2018. In addition, here is the report to accompany deposits made for events and/or sales that are collected by committees Roosevelt PTO Deposit Activity Report 2017-2018.
Thank you for volunteering for the Roosevelt PTO. We really appreciate everyone’s hard work to make our events and programs successful and fun.
If you have any questions or concerns about these procedures, please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to working with you!
The PTO Treasurers