Roosevelt participates in the Six Flags® Read to Succeed Six Hour Reading Program annually. This free program is sponsored by Six Flags Theme Parks for students K through 5th grade. Every student who completes six hours of recreational reading before the school’s deadline in February, is eligible for a free admission ticket to Six Flags Great America in Gurnee. Students will develop a greater appreciation for books when they see that you think reading is important too. You are sure to have fun as you investigate the world of reading together!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Students in grades K through 5 are eligible to participate.
- Your child must complete six hours, or 360 minutes, of recreational reading.
- Please initial each entry, and sign the reading log to verify the six hours of reading has
- Your child can read books, magazines, newspapers, or comic books. Reading for
homework or a class assignment does NOT count.
- Students can read silently, aloud, or with an adult—you can read to your child, or your
child can read to you.
- Remind your child to return the reading log to his/her teacher by the date on the log.
- Late entries will NOT be accepted.
About the Tickets:
- Tickets will be awarded to students by their teacher in May.
- The ticket is valid for admission to Six Flags Great America, on select dates, during the current season only (dates will be printed on the tickets).
- Each ticket is valid for one free admission only.
- Tickets are not for resale and are nontransferable.
- They cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged.